Summer's Over

Hello hello!


These past few weeks have consisted of me settling back into school(*cries) and writing down my plans for these next few months. I've also been trying to do some major closet cleaning as the hot and humid season is in fact over. If you've been keeping up with the site, you'll notice that I was in Dakar from June-August (http://www.pendasarr.com/2016/08/transitions.html). This was a great experience , the change of scenery really allowed me to grow as a person on every level possible.


This summer, I noticed the off-the-shoulder shirt was the "it" trend. Teenagers and young adults roamed the streets, beaches and nightclubs  in the 'Bardot', whether it be in New York or Sénégal. That comes as no surprise though, as the frivolous and stylish top is very flattering; it's the perfect item which allows you to feel sexy and cute.

I wore off-the-shoulder tops practically all the time as it gave off that laidback yet sultry vibe. My favorite one so far is the one in the pictures below. It's a simple light blue shirt with white stripes, so summery right?



Because the blue was so "out there", I paired the shirt with black pants and shoes to tone it down a bit. Instead, I let the objects around me contrast with the black, like the windows behind me and the mobile yellow cabs.



Initially, I wasn't too sure about accessories since this ensemble was extremely simple. However, I had a casual dinner right after this photoshoot so in the end, I added a small black pouch to elevate the look a bit. 






Also, for some reason, I was really keen on using my surroundings as props for the shoot. I found it cool  that the color of the car and motorcycle at our location matched my look (weird I know but you get what I mean).








In a way, looking back at these pictures does make me a little nostalgic. Even though fall fashion is amazing, it kind of sucks that you can't wear cute tops like this once it starts getting cold.


Summer is definitely over as I'm seeing way less people wearing flowy fits like this and instead opting for light jackets and ankle booties. But hey, time does goes by quickly.  So before you know it, it'll be June again :)

With that being said, it's time for me to continue cleaning my closet, and get ready for the new season. Thank you for reading!

Much love,

Penda

Outfit details:

Top : Zara

Pants: Forever 21

Shoes: ASOS

Get the look!


Top:

http://www.zara.com/us/en/woman/tops/tops/off-the-shoulder-top-c498003p3645902.html
Pants:

http://www.forever21.com/ca/Product/Product.aspx?br=F21&category=bottoms&productid=2000222884

Shoes:

http://us.asos.com/aldo/aldo-erina-black-simple-strap-flat-sandals/prd/6049530?iid=6049530&clr=Black&SearchQuery=black%20sandals&pgesize=36&pge=0&totalstyles=193&gridsize=3&gridrow=6&gridcolumn=1

Connect with me:

Instagram: @pendasarr
Snapchat: @pendouchi

You Might Also Like

0 comments