Back to Black

The late singer Amy Winehouse once said :

"I go back to,
I go back to...black"

Even though the theme of the song has nothing to do with black, that particular line stood out to me. What I mean by that is because we are now into "fall", I can safely go back to wearing more dark tones than usual, without feeling guilty.



The reason I put the word fall into air quotes above is because it doesn't quite feel  like it, for now. Temperatures haven't really dropped, it's actually still surprisingly warm. On top of that, I have yet to see people in stylish coats and booties, holding their infamous pumpkin-spice lattes.

Let's not jinx it though! I love fall, just because of the looks you can create ; however, in terms of everything else (*cough* the cold *cough* and the snow), I'm not a fan.

Like the title suggests, I opted for a semi-frivolous ensemble, composed of pieces which all closely resemble the same shade of black. You can wear this type of outfit for any casual daytime activity, the black just adds a bit of spice to it.



To be honest, I rarely wear t-shirts with logos on them. However, when the creator of A&Co. Clothing (https://www.acoclothing.com) gifted me with some tops, I gave it a try. Surprisingly enough, I find that they're a great staple item: simple, but you can style it in so many ways! I'll definitely be purchasing some more basic tees :).




Quick confession haha, these shoes were not a part of the plan but hey, we tried to make it work. I was actually wearing a pair of open-toe pumps. Before the shoot, I was hanging downtown with my friends and well, the heels just broke in the middle of the street. They were one of my favorite pairs but that's ok, I'll find a replacement. 

Thank God I had the backups! I would have probably had to cancel because an outfit without some shoes is just...*not a look*. On the bright side, I do think the flats made everything a bit more playful.





Speaking of playful, I think this was one of the few shoots where I didn't limit myself to the typical locations. Instead, after following the street-style theme, we went to a playground(my friend Zoë even got to join in on the fun)! It was cool because the colors of one of the basketball courts contrasted extremely well with the black and I found that pretty creative!






Oh! Almost forgot to talk about the hairdo! I saw it on my cousin in Sénégal during the summer and really wanted to try it out. They're just two medium-sized inverted braids, great for this delicate habillement. 




Thanks so much for reading! Feel free to comment below :) 
xx

Outfit details:

Top: A&Co Clothing

Pants: Thrifted

Shoes: Zara

Get the look!

Top:

https://www.acoclothing.com/collections/t-shirts/products/ampersand-logo-t-shirtblack

Pants:

http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/clothing-427/trousers-leggings-4075710/pleat-trousers-5684772?bi=20&ps=20

Shoes:

http://www.zara.com/ca/en/woman/shoes/flats/faux-fur-slingback-ballerinas-c269196p3610186.html

Connect with me:

Instagram: @pendasarr
Snapchat: @pendouchi

Photography: Juan Paolo (https://columnalicante.myportfolio.com)


You Might Also Like

0 comments