Black Velvet

Hello!

It's been a while since the last blogpost...I blame my schoolwork for that haha. The academic year is almost over so I will definitely be posting more during the next months. Anyways, happy first day of spring! This winter was not as bad as we were expecting it to be, but I'm still glad it's over.  This is a great season for beginnings and of course, some new clothing! I've been re-organizing my closet and experimenting with my style so this was the perfect excuse to go shopping.

Before I continue, I would like to thank you all for your support. I logged in this morning and noticed the number of views I got overall and it put a huge smile on my face. This is something I always wanted to do, it just took me time to become comfortable with the idea and actually start the blog. I'm not the artistic type like many; seriously, I still draw stick figures and don't even know how to work a paintbrush. So, I thought showcasing my style through writing and photography would allow me to explore my creative side. I have a lot of ideas, projects in mind and can't wait to hopefully complete them all. So yeah, this was a quick side note to just say thank you! Ok, enough with the mushiness haha.

As I was saying, I've been doing a lot of shopping these days, mainly to get the items missing in my closet and treat myself to the things I've been eyeing for a while. Amongst them, I purchased some velvet pants, a scarf, and a blazer:



I was unsure when I bought the items but after trying them on a couple of times, I fell in love! Velvet is a fabric I usually don't wear, so I got to play around a bit before creating an outfit. I actually started looking more into it because of the remarkable comeback it's making in the fashion industry, and I'm happy I did!

Since it's spring, I found it fitting to pair the bottoms with my thin blazer, as it gives a more frivolous feel. To put the look together, I simply combined a stretchy tank top with the pants, and put the vest over it. It was fairly warm so I managed to take some shots without all the layers. Out of all the items, I think the scarf, which is also in velvet, ties the whole outfit together since it gives it a slightly sophisticated look. And yes, surprise surprise, it's all black (I swear I didn't do it on purpose this time).

The photoshoot mainly took place in my university, which has beautiful locations. We have that mix between modern areas and Harry Potter-esque buildings. I don't know why I didn't start having photoshoots here sooner but better late than ever!









Making my way downtown, walking fast:




And voila! I can't wait to put together some spring looks and show them to you guys!

Thank you for reading :)

xx

Outfit details:

Top, Pants, Shoes, Scarf: Zara

Get the look!

Top:

http://www.zara.com/ca/en/woman/t-shirts/strappy-top-c358008p3245078.html

Pants:

http://www.zara.com/ca/en/woman/trousers/view-all/flowing-culottes-c719022p3465007.html

Blazer:

http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-premium-satin-double-breasted-suit-jacket/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6212117&clr=Cream&SearchQuery=satin+blazer&pgesize=2&pge=0&totalstyles=2&gridsize=3&gridrow=1&gridcolumn=1

Shoes:

http://www.zara.com/ca/en/woman/shoes/view-all/high-heel-leather-lace-up-sandals-c719531p3154189.html

Scarf:

http://www.zara.com/ca/en/woman/accessories/thin-scarf-c358026p3382041.html










You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. She seems to be good and so pretty and good in BLACK VELVET coat with great outfit. I have seen the most fashionable and stylish outfit on your blogs. I was fantastic and unique outfit collection and I just love these outfits. Thanks for sharing. Age of Ultron Elizabeth Olsen Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit! I'm in love with culottes and really love how you've paired these with those gorgoues Zara Sandals!

    Martha | Martha Dahhling

    ReplyDelete