Prints...and the city

Prints, prints, prints! This Summer 2015 trend has been spotted in many runway shows these past few months. Designers like Maison Margiela and Prada have caught the fashion industry's eyes with their unexpected tribal and even floral prints. Prints and textures are generally graphic and colorful, the perfect way to complete a look and make yourself stand out. Also, the different types of designs and patterns are a great way to demonstrate your individuality. After all, that is what style is all about, expressing yourself.

For this post, I decided to feature one of my favorite blogger friends: Sarah Torkornoo(bloodandchanel.com) Like myself, she wore printed pieces. Interestingly, our outfits were very distinct(shows you how fashion can be so versatile). For example, Sarah's look was semi-formal: she wore a floral shirt, tucked in pink wide-leg pants and beige sandals. I had a meeting after the shoot so my outfit was quite formal. I wore teal pants along with a white blouse, grey blazer, and my favorite type of sandals, the french "tropeziennes". What I liked about the outfit was that every piece complimented the other. For example, the  colors teal and grey on the slacks were similar to that on my blazer and cross-body bag. A perfect mix and match if you ask me!

Sarah and I got to snap pictures of our outfits in different areas in the city. We first went to the Meatpacking District, a neighborhood on the West Side. A wonderful place to shoot there is at the HighLine, a linear park which gives you access to some of the city's best views. Being a popular tourist destination, the park was very crowded. However, the tourists and regular New Yorkers were nice enough to give us some time and space to shoot. Here are a couple of the pictures:

1) My outfit:








Outfit details:

Top : Zara

Blazer : Forever 21

Pants: H&M

Shoes: "Les Tropeziennes" by M. Belarbi

Bag: Paradox

Bracelet: Tory Burch

Sunglasses: Charlotte Russe

2) Sarah's outfit:




Outfit details:

Shirt, Bag, Shoes : Vintage - thrifted

Pants: Intermix


3) Sarah and I:





As you can see, the location is absolutely stunning! You get to see all  the neighborhood's of Manhattan's nicely designed buildings as well as its busy streets.

Our second location was on two streets(a style blogger's favorite location haha!). Street style shots are important because they can show your outfit and accessories from different angles. The first street was right next to the entrance of the HighLine. The second one was a little further, near Washington Square Park.






This was one of my favorite shoots. I loved Sarah and I's looks together. It was different but you could also spot some similarities. Featuring other style bloggers is lovely too because we get to share tips and get some style inspirations. I hope you enjoyed this post!

Have a nice weekend,

- PendawearsPrada



You Might Also Like

0 comments