Jackie Aina x Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyeshadow Palette Review

Hey guys, it's been a while hasn't it? I've been wanting to do this review for so long and I'm happy I finally got the time to sit down and do it.

As some of you may know, Nigerian-American beauty influencer and youtuber Jackie Aina partnered with Anastasia Beverly Hills and created her very own eyeshadow palette. I was so happy when I heard about this because Jackie is one of my favorite beauty gurus, and Anastasia is known to have some pretty pigmented palettes.


The palette was officially released online and in stores on August 15th (yes, this review is well overdue haha) and has been a great success. The palette is all over social media, and everyone has been raving about it. I actually got it well after its release; I've used it a few times now, so I wanted to do a review for you guys.

First, as you can see in the picture below, the product's packaging is super original and unique. Jackie has a very bubbly and lively personality, so it's fitting that she created a palette that's reflective of her. The outside design is beautiful and it changes colors as you shift it, especially when it's held in sunlight.


The palette has 14 shades, and comes with a brush. What I love about the palette is how brown-girl friendly it is. Jackie is a big advocate for makeup for black girls, and I love how she made sure the palette had shades that would look amazing on everyone, including black women.


The palette is also great in terms of how versatile it is. Because of the variety of tones, it's easy to create neutral or colorful looks, depending on what you want to go for. I'm more of a neutral kind of gal, but this palette is definitely going to make me start doing more colorful looks (I mean just look at those purple tones).



Now, the best thing about all of this is the shade names haha. They're so funny! Dwollahs, Shookington & Wiggalese are my favorite ;).

It definitely stands out from traditional shadow names and I like that because it shows that Jackie wasn't afraid to make a palette that really exudes who she is.


Of course, I wanted to see how the colors would look on my skin so I swatched them all for you guys to see. Below is the top set of the palette:

(Swatch shade names from the bottom of my arm to the top: soleil, supreme, pinker, big wig, dwollahs, credit, lituation).


As you can see, the shades are pigmented and they're definitely buildable.


Here are  swatches from the bottom set of the palette:

(Swatch shade names from the bottom of my arm to the top: zamn, wiggalese, shookington, trust issues, edges, sponsored, ginger).



All in all, I Jackie and Anastasia did an amazing job with this palette. Jackie works hard and you can definitely tell that she gave her all when she was creating this. I definitely think this will be one of my everyday palettes. If you want to purchase it, it's still available on Sephora: https://www.sephora.com/product/jackie-aina-eyeshadow-palette-P449147.

Thank you for reading! Make sure to connect with me on my social media platforms below! If you have any questions, you can also email me at: sarr.penda@gmail.com.

Connect with me:

Instagram: @pendasarr
Snapchat: @pendouchi




You Might Also Like

0 comments