Yellow Corduroy

Suits are such a nice staple piece to have and they look good on everyone. I bought an ensemble this summer and you know what the best part about it is? It's corduroy. I initially wanted a regular pantsuit but when I stumbled on one with this textile and color, I just had to add it to my cart and buy it haha.



Admittedly, I was a bit scared because I like trying these kind of items on before I purchase them, but I just couldn't wait. Luckily, I like how this one fits. It is a bit oversized but I like it, oversized suits are in anyway :). I usually want my clothes to be a perfect fit but I'm learning that sometimes, baggy or a bit tight can make for a good look. Because the one I got is yellow, I wanted the look to be very "monochrome"; so, I paired the suit with gold accessories and braided stiletto heels.



Speaking of perfect, I wanted to talk a bit about perfectionism in this post. I admit it, I'm a perfectionist.  I think it's been instilled in me ever since childhood, as my parents always wanted me to be the absolute best I could be. I always go over every thing I do, because I want it to be perfect, and I don't like failing. I once listened this podcast, and one of the topics addressed was perfectionism. I know many of us are perfectionists because we want to be the best version of ourselves and can't accept failure. However, I'm learning to understand that failure will happen, that's just life.


The podcast gave me a lot of clarity, and allowed me to realize that I don't have to always be so hard on myself. The one line that stood out to me was "use self-compassion as an antidote to perfectionism" (said by Bianca Hughes, an Associate Professional Counselor").  I thought this was so brilliantly said, and I have been working towards being more compassionate with myself and understanding that nothing will be 100% perfect.


For example, this look was one of my favorites so I wanted everything about it to be amazing. I wanted the lighting on the day of the shoot to be perfect, I wanted to find the perfect photographer to shoot it and I wanted to look great for it. But you know what? Not everything turned out how I wanted to be but I know that I did my best and I am still happy with the results.



Of course, I don't think that the fact that I am a perfectionist is going to just completely disappear, but I do think that I'll be less fearful of not having something be 100% how I want it to be.





I hope you guys liked this look! And remember, don't be too hard on yourself <3.



Much love,

Penda


Connect with me:

Instagram:@pendasarr
Snapchat: @pendouchi

Outfit details:

Pantsuit and shoes: Zara

Gold hoops: Mango

Gold necklace: Mejuri

Get the look!

Pantsuit:

https://www.zara.com/us/en/corduroy-blazer-p07901206.html?v1=7046066&v2=1074677

Shoes:

https://www.zara.com/us/en/leather-high-heeled-strappy-sandals-p12336301.html?v1=6618003&v2=1074625

Gold hoops:

https://shop.mango.com/us/women/jewelry-earrings/hoop-earrings_33090766.html?c=OR&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Shopping+-+1WOMAN+-+US&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxKjHs9u93QIVkp6fCh2Uig7yEAQYASABEgIrwvD_BwE&ptaid=pla-448871723686&pgrid=56245161020&talla=99

Gold necklace:

https://mejuri.com/shop/products/engravable-necklace


Photographer credits: Sabrina Santiago (http://www.sabrina-santiago.com).


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete