Turtlenecks...Thanks to Drake

You've probably seen the "6 God" aka Drake's newest video for his infamous bop "Hotline Bling". If not, go watch it, I guarantee you'll be entertained : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxpDa-c-4Mc It's basically Drake awkwardly dancing so naturally, it's a super cute video haha.

Now, this might be a weird confession but I sometimes get style inspirations/creative ideas from visual pieces. You'd be surprised at how much thought goes into the artists' looks. I find myself to be much more observant when I watch music videos now, because my eye is instantly drawn to the different outfits (style blogger problems).

The hotline bling reinforced the confirmation that turtlenecks are indeed, super in right now,  often exhibited through dresses, crop tops, and sweaters. Because there are so many ways to wear a turtleneck, it's easy to find one that best suits your style. For example, I love crop tops so naturally, I decided to join this trend by experimenting with them. My recent obsession is this burgundy piece I'm wearing in the pictures:

The turtleneck itself is made of stretchy and soft material. However, what I like the most about it is the color! It's great for the fall, and the color oozes sophistication.

Apart from the turtleneck, my look generally revolved around the business-casual trend, which I noticed was apparent during fashion week. The easiest way to do this is to wear pieces you think are more sophisticated and add any type of sneaker to create a discrepancy. The turtleneck + blazer + trousers combination is just one out of many. Again, find a style that you like and experiment with it :). 

In terms of shooting, my photographer and I decided to be a little bit more creative. You'll probably notice that each picture is different in terms of contrast, lighting, etc, since we played around with these elements a bit more:














 Thanks for reading, have a lovely weekend and enjoy Halloween!

xx


Outfit details:

Top: Zara

Blazer: H&M

Pants: Forever 21

Shoes: NIKE - Kaishi Run

Bracelet: Tory Burch

Get the look!

Top:


Blazer:


Pants:



Shoes:



Bracelet:





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Loved this outfit! Turtle necks have definitely been growing on me. I could totally relate to being inspired by visual non-living things. I will literally look at the contrast of a cab against the street and think of something to wear or write about. Creative soul things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yes I tend to do that sometimes, looking around you can definitely give you some creative ideas :)

      Delete