Summer 2019 Outfits

Hey everyone! I hope your summer is going well and that wherever you are in the world, you're getting some sunshine!

I had done a compilation of the outfits I wore during my Christmas holiday and it was a success, so I figured I'd do one with all of my summer 2019 looks so far. Hopefully this gives you guys some ideas and a bit of inspiration :).

Look 1:

This was one of the first looks I wore this summer. I was actually going through my closet and playing dress up (I'm sure many girls reading this can relate) and thought to myself "hmm I always pair black with white or black with red, never white and red" ; that's basically  how I came up with the outfit. I wanted something somewhat chic and casual so I wore this dress shirt with one of my  favorite pair of red pants. To keep the classy theme going, I finished the look with a pair strappy heels, medium-sized gold earrings, and a multi-color clutch.




Outfit details:

Top and pants: Zara

Shoes: Simmi

Earrings: Thrifted

Bag: Fendi

Look 2:

This is one of my favorite outfits simply because I wore it on my first day back in Senegal.  I left for Dakar at the end of June and of course, your day of arrival is always super tiring so I wanted to wear something casual. Of course, I still had to go visit some family and friends so I elevated my look by pairing my white t-shirt with mom jeans and cute wooden-heeled green sandals. Since I hadn't really unpacked all of my stuff, I took the first bag I could find, which was this vintage Gucci boat bag. I randomly took it out of my suitcase and fortunately, it ended up looking super cute with my outfit!







Outfit details:

T-shirt: H&M

Jeans: Pretty Little Thing

Shoes: Zara

Bag: H&m

Look 3:

I hadn't spent a summer in Senegal in about 3 years so I really forgot how hot and humid it could get. During the early afternoon(when the sun is at its peak), I would usually wear frivolous and comfortable clothing like this two-piece set that I put together. The wide-legged mustard pants are one of my favorite, and the fact that I had a bodysuit to match it made me even happier. I didn't want to fully do a monochromatic look though, so I threw on some red mules to break the color scheme a bit.



Bodysuit: Pretty Little Thing

Pants: Forever 21

Shoes: Mango

Gold hoops: Madewell

Look 4:

Of course, I had to do a look with some African prints. This is one of my favorite wax tops/jackets; it's so versatile, you can wear it for any kind of occasion, whether it be during the day or night. I was going to a late lunch and then drinks on this particular day, so I paired the wrap top with a black culotte(culottes are great because you can easily move around in them). Also, you know I'm all about matching, so I wore my red mules since the jacket has red flowers on it.





                              (I was so happy because I ate such a good meal haha)


Outfit details:

Wax top: Indigo

Culottes: Zara

Shoes: Mango

Bag: Burberry

Look 5:

This was one of my off-days. I didn't have much to do except run a bit of errands so I wore this cute little cotton black dress. Surprisingly, I got a lot of compliments on it which I didn't expect at all because it's really simple, but I guess sometimes the simpler, the better. I tried every sandal I brought with me but nothing looked as nice as my black heeled ones, so I opted for that in the end.





Outfit details:

Dress: H&M

Shoes: Zara

Look 6:

While most of my outfits fall within the preppy/casual chic side, I do sometimes go for a more sporty/streetwear look. I tend to do that when I have really long and busy days; those are the days I usually throw on a bodysuit, pair it with some skinny jeans and of course, some nice and comfy sneakers like in the look below. The shoes I'm wearing in this picture are probably the most comfortable pair I own. Seriously, it's like you're walking on a soft cushion 24/7.




I started my day off with brunch and after that I had a photoshoot, so you can definitely tell there's a difference between these pictures and the ones above haha!



Outfit details:

Bodysuit: Pretty Little Thing

Jeans: Zara

Shoes: Off-White x Nike

Look 7:

Black and white are some of my favorite colors so of course, I love mixing the two. I had just gotten a pair of new earrings from the brand Imaara Jewelry(https://www.instagram.com/imaarajewelry/?hl=en) and I really wanted to wear them. To keep things simply and classy, I wore this beautiful white blouse, my black culottes, and wooden-heeled black mules. I wanted everything to match so I finished the look with my vintage Chanel bag (don't you just love when everything looks great together haha) and of course, the white and gold earrings.






They are honestly one of the most beautiful pair I own, and I love the fact that they were handmade by a Senegalese woman. I'm all about supporting African female entrepreneurs and Imaara definitely did not disappoint.



Outfit details:

Top: H&M

Culottes and Shoes : Zara

Bag: Chanel

Earrings: Imaara Jewelry

Look 8:

I can't believe there was ever a time where I hated wearing orange. Because I'm not fully used to it, I do have trouble wearing the color regularly. But for some reason, whenever I'm in Dakar, it's easier to do. I've had this wrap top for a few months now, I was just waiting for the perfect occasion to wear it haha. Initially, I wanted to do a fully monochromatic look but I don't own orange pants (I'll get some soon); I figured white and orange would be nice together, and it ended up being the case. To accessorize, I wore a bangle from Marc Jacobs that I've had for years now, and my favorite gold hoops from the brand Madewell.






Outfit details:

Top: ASOS

Pants: Zara

Shoes: Simmi

Bag: Gucci

Look 9:

Now you know I couldn't go the whole summer without wearing an off-shoulder top. If you've been reading my blog for a  while, then you're aware that off-shoulders are one of my favorite things to wear :)! I wore this top in Senegal back in December, but it was paired with other bottoms. This time,  I had to see a lot of people so I wanted to wear these teal pants and white kitten heels with it. It was a good idea because I find that the colors look so good with the backdrop that I shot the outfit in, which is a blogger's dream haha.





Outfit details:

Top: Nastygal

Pants and shoes: Zara

Thank you for reading :)!

 If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, feel free to comment under this post or send me an email at sarr.penda@gmail.com.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

XOXO,
Penda

Connect with me:

Instagram: @pendasarr






You Might Also Like

0 comments