New York Fashion Week - Like a Boy

Hello hello hello!

New York Fashion Week(NYFW) is here! This month, NYFW is going to be from February 11th-18th. Luckily, my university gave us a 10-day break and it falls at the same time of the week-long event(blessed).

I arrived in New York City on Friday February 12th. I wanted to go to some shows that night but I was too tired. I spend the night in, looking at my closet and choosing potential looks.

 My first day began on Saturday ; I had looked at the weekend's weather previously: it predicted that temperatures would be as low as 1 degree Fahrenheit, which is about -17 celsius.  With that in mind, I chose my outfit and began my day.

The shows:

Day one started extremely early because shows were around 9 and 10 am. The first one was the highly anticipated Lacoste Show, rumored to have Gigi Hadid walking. Unfortunately, Gigi was not present as she was probably modeling for another one at the same time. However, international babes such as the Dominican beauty Lineisy Monteiro and French-Ivorian sweetheart Aya Jones walked.

Afterwards, all the guests and models exited the venue. As you can imagine, it was hectic. Photographers and news reporters everywhere. Amidst all the madness, I managed to meet Aya. I talked to her for a bit, and we took a selfie, yay!


In terms of the shows, the rest went like the Lacoste one. Upon arrivals( and exits) at the venues, photographers would swarm towards everyone (celebrities and non-celebrities) to take street-style pictures of the fabulous outfits. It's always nice because afterwards you get to see wonderful body and detail shots of everyone around the city.

All in all, day one was great.  The only bad thing about it was the weather. It was extremely cold and the wind didn't help either. New Yorkers aren't used to this, the temperatures were unusual ; it felt like I was back in Canada haha. However, for the love of fashion, we all braced the cold and went from venue to venue(totally worth it honestly).

My tomboy look:

My set of clothes was carefully crafted and layered in a way which would keep me warm, comfortable and stylish. My outfit was atypical from my usual looks. I opted for the "tomboy" theme by pairing a button-up with a sweater, topped with a blazer. Finally, I accessorized with clear-frame specs.

My friend and I met up around 9 am to take some quick shots before the shows. Check him out by the way, he's an amazing fashion photographer. His website is  https://streetstylenyc.tumblr.com/post/139274459305 . Here are some of the pictures we took :
















 Thanks for reading!

Enjoy your weekend and stay warm!

xx

Penda

Outfit details:

Shirt & Sweater : Forever 21

Blazer : H&M

Shoes: Adidas Stan Smith

Pants & Coat: Zara

Get the look!

Shirt:

http://www.forever21.com/Product/product.aspx?category=top&productid=2000080383&variantid=01&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=pla_gsc_f21&utm_content=g_67021404678_pla&mr:trackingcode=a462ac8e-a290-e411-8860-001b21bcc0bc&mr:referralid=na&mr:device=c&mr:adtype=plaonline&mr:ad=67021404678&mr:keyword=&mr:match=&mr:filter=89213830878&gclid=cmuz4tcjysycfdaxhwodesynoa

Sweater:

http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?br=F21&category=sweater&productid=2000146594

Blazer:

http://www.hm.com/us/product/95683?article=95683-D

Shoes:
http://www.adidas.com/us/stan-smith-shoes/B24105.html


Pants:

http://www.zara.com/us/en/woman/trousers/view-all/baggy-trousers-c719022p3279627.html

Coat:


http://www.zara.com/ca/en/collection-ss16/woman/outerwear/view-all/mohair-coat-c719012p3275544.html








You Might Also Like

0 comments