Colourpop - Ultra Matte Lipsticks

Colourpop is an online-based cosmetics company, which sells products such as highlighters, eyeshadows, and lipsticks. They have managed to become one of the biggest businesses through the use of social media and digital influencers. I found out about them through the Instagram explore page. I remember browsing through makeup accounts and stumbling upon a girl's profile. I saw her lipstick and said to myself "Wow! This color!".

Amongst Colourpop's lipsticks, there is a line called the "Ultra Matte Lips".  Ultra matte lipsticks are regular lipsticks, but just super matte. I've developed a slight obsession with these lippies. They are super pigmented and dry nicely on your skin. They're also extremely longwearing so you don't have to re-apply that often. Recently, I bought four shades: Stingraye, Kapow, Limbo and LAX:

From left to right: LAX, Limbo, Stingraye, Kapow.

I love these colors because they are nice for every day and going out looks.

Here are some individual swatches:

1) Stingraye:


Stingraye is a mix of mauve and brown tones. It was created by youtuber ItsMyRayeRaye.  It's a beautiful nude shade ; I like it because it looks different on all skin tones!

2) Kapow:


Kapow was created by Karrueche, a celebrity and model. I haven't tried it yet but I like the greyness. I don't really have any colors like this so I'm excited to create a look with it.

3) Limbo:


Limbo is my absolute favorite lipstick. It's a deep chocolate brown and it's a-maaa-zing! Seriously, I think I'm going to order like two more of these and stock up because I wear them that often. Limbo is also a close duplicate to Kylie Jenner's "True Brown" lipkit(click on link to see).

4) LAX:



Ah, LAX. I used to say "El A Ex" until my sister pointed out to me that it was the Los Angeles Airport. The color is a deep, blackened red and it's really nice for nights out!

Swatches of all the lipsticks together:


I love this line and I'm definitely going to try out some more lip products. You can check out other shades at : https://colourpop.com/product-category/lips/ultra-matte-lip/






You Might Also Like

0 comments