Thigh Highs

Guess who's the queen at buying shoes and then never wearing them? Yep, me! I'm always finding items that I completely forgot I had. I don't know if that means I should pay attention to my closet more or just stop the excessive shopping?(we already know the answer to that haha).

To be honest with you, I was procrastinating writing this blogpost( I blame Netflix). But, after listening to Beyoncé's new album "Lemonade" last night, I felt motivated. Seriously, her work ethic is both amazing and an inspiration. She released new music and a movie. I have to so much to say about the outfits in the film, but that will be for another post!

Ok, back to fashion. I basically do this weird thing where, every time I spring clean, I re-arrange everything by color codes (meaning, all the white clothes go together, all the blacks go together, etc). So last week I was doing that and noticed these thigh high boots. I'm happy I found them because I can wear them for a bit before the summer kicks in!





The shoe is made of leather and then the toe of it is has a glossy, patent finish. I remember wanting these for the longest time since thigh highs seem to never go out of style. I used to wear them a lot in my freshman and sophomore year of university, not sure why we parted ways afterwards. 

I was ecstatic when I put together an outfit I could wear with the shoes because my legs look suuuuper long hehe :).

Speaking of outfit, this is one of my favorites! I rarely wear dresses (I'm a trousers fanatic nowadays) so this was refreshing and somewhat new for me. It was really simple, I didn't accessorize much ;  I went for a minimalist look because I felt like the thigh highs really bring everything out. 






Also, quick side note:  how lovely is this weather? It's great to able to take pictures outdoors and not freeze to death. I'm Looking forward to shooting some looks for spring and summer 2016!





Hope you enjoyed this post!

XOXO,

Penda


Outfit details:

Dress: Forever 21

Coat: ASOS

Boots and Choker : Zara

Get the look!




Dress:







Coat:







Boots:







Choker:

You Might Also Like

0 comments