Blue Dream

New week, new dress, new blogpost :)!





Yes, in case you hadn’t noticed, I probably own more pants than any other type of clothing. However, I’m trying to branch out this summer so be on the lookout for more cute and girly dresses! Now that I think of it, maxi dresses have never gone out of style? They’re great pieces for the summer: easy to wear and you can move around so freely in them.







The sudden heat wave combined with my liking for clothes with slits in them prompted me to purchase this royal blue dress. It’s extremely frivolous and the subtle plunge and leg slit add that perfect touch of femininity. The dress is simple so I wore a floral kimono with it to stick to that summer vibe.



In terms of color, my outfit was fairly monochromatic. I paired the dress with suede heels of the same tone. Apart from that, the only other colors I wore were on the kimono and my minimal accessories since I wanted the bracelets to subtly match the dyes on the floral cover.





I actually saw the shoes at Lord & Taylor a few weeks ago, but they didn’t have my size. As usual, the fashion addict in me just had to look all over the Internet for them. Fortunately, I found the heels, ordered them and kept checking outside my door for the package after that (you’re lying if you’ve never done this).





The maxi is a little long on me but I don’t really mind. It makes me feel all powerful and majestic haha. Talk about royal blue (no pun intended)!












I also got to reunite with my photographer friend Matthew and I think he perfectly captured the dress in its entire splendor. Of course, we had to shoot the outfit on the streets of SoHo (that is where the blog started after all). It was a beautiful day and the sun’s lighting was definitely on our side. We even played around with the tones a bit while we were taking some moving shots:



I feel like this purchase is going to mark the beginning of my dress phase. I definitely want to experiment with different types: short, floral, satin etc, you naaaaame it! 




Thanks for reading, I hope you’re enjoying your summer!

XOXO,


Penda

Outfit details:

Dress: Tobi

Kimono: Brandy Melville

Shoes: Steve Madden

Black and blue bracelet: Longchamp

Gold bracelet: Hermès

Get the look!

Dress:

http://www.tobi.com/dresses/maxi-dresses/63382-tobi-zeze-plunging-maxi-dress?color_id=91392

Kimono:


Shoes:



Black and blue bracelet:

Gold bracelet:


Connect with me:

Instagram: @pendasarr
Snapchat: @pendouchi 

You Might Also Like

0 comments