Golden Girl

It's officially summer and this warm weather couldn't make me happier :). This is my favorite season because my energy levels are high, I go to fun outdoor events and of course, I get to blog without worrying about the freezing cold! I recently bought a new journal and I've been writing down all of the things I want to accomplish in the next 3 months. One of them is exploring NYC's spots more to not only eat and lounge around in, but also to shoot my looks.




 For this photoshoot, I met up with my photographer friend Matthew(he's really talented, check out his page here: https://www.instagram.com/maffewl/) and blogger bestie Sarah(https://sarahfromnewyork.com). I had already planned my outfit and was going to shoot in near a wall but Sarah then kindly suggested we go to the NoMo Hotel in Soho.



As you can see, the place is absolutely beautiful. The entrance is surrounded by green plants and stunning golden lights. The background is very blogger-friendly and the colors matched my pants!



The pathways's earthy tones gave off some really good vibes. That's something that has been very important lately. The end of the school-year took a toll on me: my sleeping schedule was off and I barely had any time to take care of myself properly. However, I've made some lifestyle changes now; I've been working on boosting my energy levels by getting proper sleep, working out, and eating right. All of that has consequently led to me protecting my energy and happiness.


I think as I've grown older, I've come to realize that before anything, my happiness and care should come first. I no longer worry about the things I can't change or hang around people I can't resonate with. You'd be surprised how being around certain things or people can drain you.  Protecting your energy and happiness is important because it'll help you become a more aware, positive, and vibrant person.

And like I said before, this area's nature-friendly feel and abundance of golden lights put me in such a great mood and served as a nice contrast to my outfit. I wore an ivory top from www.tobi.com and paired it with high-waisted pants and nude pumps. This type of look is usually what I wear on casual days, minus the heels haha. If you want to make it stand out a bit more, you can wear some stacked gold necklaces with it, like this:





I would have loved to pose more in the pathway but unfortunately, it started pouring heavily about 10 minutes after.  The entrance isn't really covered so yes, I felt some heavy drops of water at one point and was like #gottago. We still made the most of it though and went to a different area of the hotel.



And look, some more gold lights :). I seriously fell in love with the NoMo and I will definitely be going back. After all, it does give off #PositiveVibesOnly :)



Thanks for reading and stay golden(ok that was so cheesy but whatever)!! <3

Outfit details:

Top and pants: Tobi

Heels: Truffle Collection

Get the look!

Top:

http://www.tobi.com/tops/off-the-shoulder-tops/64229-tobi-cool-breeze-off-shoulder-top?color_id=92569

Pants:

- http://www.tobi.com/bottoms/pants/62922-tobi-kelly-pleated-high-waist-pants?color_id=90643

Heels:

https://www.myntra.com/heels/truffle-collection/truffle-collection-women-nude-coloured-heels/1206251/buy

Necklace:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/268740339/layered-and-long-bar-necklace-gold?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=stackable%20gold%20necklace&ref=sr_gallery_30

Connect with me:

Instagram: @pendasarr
Snapchat: @pendouchi


You Might Also Like

0 comments