My Morning Routine




Mornings are so sacred for me. If I have a good morning, then chances are I'll have a good day as well. The first moments after I wake up set the tone for my day, so I always try to make sure that they're nice.


My morning routine is basically the same every day, I like consistency. All the products I use will be mentioned in this post. They will also be in bold and you can click on them if you wish to view/ purchase them.

On the weekends, I do have a bit more time so there are some minor tweaks but in general, this is what I do:

Before showering:

1) The first thing I do when I wake up is wash my face (with lukewarm water) with an acne-prone gel-based cleanser from the brand Ducray. It's super gentle and gets rid of all the junk in my skin.

2) After I wash my face, I brush my teeth and then hop in the shower.

During my shower:


1)  When I'm in the shower, I first wash my body with African BlackSoap from Ghana. Then, I use a Dove body wash to add an extra layer and make sure my body is well cleansed.

2) Then, I exfoliate with a Dove body scrub(I only do this 3 times a week).

3) After exfoliating, I like to do a body mask. I use the Mask of Magnaminty from Lush. It leaves me feeling super fresh and clean, I love it!

4) Once I’m done with that, I use the Lush foot scrub to exfoliate the heels and soles of my feet. Afterwards, I use the Lush foot soak to clean my feet up.

After my shower:


As soon as I’m done showering, I step out and let myself air dry. This is the best thing to do because it helps your body retain moisture.

1) While my face is still damp, I start my skincare routine. I first apply the Niacinamide + Zinc serum from the Ordinary and let it sink into my skin for about 30 seconds.

2) Afterwards, I take my hyaluronic acid serum and put some on my face, lips, and neck to add hydration.

3)  Once all of my serums are on my skin, I apply the creams my dermatologist prescribed to me, and then I finish my routine by adding a light Korean moisturizer from the brand Soon Jung all over my face and neck, and moisturizing my lips with a lip mask from Laneige.




4) After I finish my skincare routine, I focus on my body care routine. First, I put one some deodorant and then I either use the Clarins body lotion or I apply some Cerave cream to moisturize. Both are great body lotions for the winter, especially if you have dry skin. 




5)  Once I’ve applied my body lotion, I like to apply some cocoa butter and baobab oil on top to seal everything in.

6) Then, I do my hair. I first massage castor oil onto my scalp and edges, and then I add a mix of almond oil and olive oil all over. Once that’s done, I lay my edges using a toothbrush and some Eco styler gel.

7) Finally, I go back into my room and choose my look of the day.

I hope this was helpful. Feel fee to try these products out and add them to your routine :)

Thank you for reading.

Love,
Penda


Connect with me:

Instagram: @pendasarr

Contact information: sarr.penda@gmail.com 








You Might Also Like

0 comments