Soho and Suede

SoHo. One of New York City's nicest neighborhoods and home to artists, models, celebrities. It's one of my favorite places, a lot of the people around there are into fashion ; it feels like home to me haha(probably why I'm always there...). The area is also known for its number of shops, which vary from designer boutiques to international store outlets. Situated in Lower Manhattan, SoHo has also become a great location for style bloggers like myself. Because of her European-style architecture, streets within the area like Broome or Spring street are ideal for great photo backgrounds.

You've probably figured it out by now, today's post was shot in SoHo. One of my close friends wanted to have lunch around Little Italy so I thought to myself "well, you're going to be in SoHo in the afternoon, so why not shoot for the blog". With the help of Matt, an amazing fashion photographer, I got to snap a couple of pictures of my outfit. Check out his photography website(seriously you won't regret it):  www.image-nyc.tumblr.com

Alright, enough about SoHo. Time to talk style. My favorite part about my outfit was definitely my "wide-leg cropped" suede pants. They have this sort of retro vibe to them, and surprisingly, you can wear them during warm weather. Suede is definitely in right now, a lot of designers are using it in their Spring/Summer 2015 runway shows. I also fell in love with the pants because of the color! My closet was lacking some brown so they were a perfect match. And, because they are tightly fitted around the waist, I paired them up with a plain crop top.

Also, I was keen on matching so I decided to wear my black hat(which matched my backpack) and white sandals to match the white top. Funny story: I wasn't wearing white sandals at first. In fact, I had gold gladiators in the morning but my feet started hurting. So, since I happened to be in a  neighborhood surrounded by a variety of fashion stores, I bought the white ones right before meeting the photographer.

We were shooting on the street/sidewalk, it was definitely hard at times because pedestrians and cars were always driving or walking by, but we managed to get in some really great shots:














Outfit details:

Top & Hat: Forever 21

Pants: H&M

Shoes: Topshop

Necklace: Urban Outfitters

Get the look!

Top:


Pants:


Shoes:

http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/shoes-430/flats-459/flat-sandals-700/harbour-toe-post-sandals-4191328?bi=1&ps=20

Necklace:

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=29939592&category=W_ACC_JEWELRY

Hat:

http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=acc_hat&ProductID=2000052185&VariantID=



You Might Also Like

0 comments