Cranberry

Hello,

For this post, I teamed up with my little sister (www.oumousarr.blogspot.com) to create a full-face makeup tutorial on this colorful cranberry look for you guys:


I'll write about each step, with pictures below each description to help you visualize everything. Without further ado, let's get started! :) 

EYES: 

Step 1: Priming + Setting:

The first step is to prime your eyelids with an eyeshadow primer. This ensures that all the shadows you use for your look will last and won't crease. Simply apply a bit of primer on each eyelid and then blend it in circular motions with your index finger.


After priming, you can use a white eyeshadow or translucent powder to set the primer. Setting it makes a great difference, so this is definitely an important step!


Step 2: Applying the shadows:

The shadows used on my eyes are from the Violet Voss Holy Grail Pro Palette. My sister and I thought using red/cranberry shadows would be fitting for the summer and help us step out of our comfort zone as these shades are usually quite hard to blend. Here's a picture of the colors in the palette, that way you can follow along:


The crease:

The first color is called "Wine N' Dine". Simply dab a crease brush onto the shadow, tap off the excess and apply it in windshield motions all over your crease.


Next, take a fluffy brush and use "Teddy Bear" to deepen the crease. Afterwards, take a blending brush and blend both colors together to get rid of all the harsh lines. Once finished, the shadows in the crease look like this :


The lid:

Afterwards, take a flat brush and apply the shimmery color "Cranberry Splash" all over the lid. Then, take a new blending brush and blend all 3 colors together.



Step 3: Eyeliner:

Once you've applied the eyeshadows, you can take a black eyeliner  to create a wing. If you want your wing to be sharp, you can put some tape on the outer corner of your eye. 



FACE:

Step 1: Primer, Color Correct, Foundation:

Primer: 

To create a smooth base for your makeup, always use a primer before.  I used the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, which is ideal for those with oily skin. Afterwards, I let the primer dry on my face for about 3 minutes and then I start color correcting. 

Color correct:

You can use an orange concealer to cancel out any darkness on the face. In my case, that includes : the spots around my mouth, the sides of my nose, and my under-eye circles. If you're confused about color correcting, I have a post on it here : https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5696931638250446159#editor/target=post;postID=7326306334472274874;onPublishedMenu=overview;onClosedMenu=overview;postNum=7;src=link

Foundation:

Since it's summer, my skin has gotten a bit darker, which means I have to mix foundations. For this look, my sister used the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation and the Clinique Foundation on me. I first applied it on my face with a stippling brush to get the airbrushed look, and then I used a wet beauty sponge to blend everything.

Step 2: Highlight and contour:

To highlight and contour,  you can use concealers. I used the L.A. Girl Pro Concealer in the shades "Fawn"(highlight) and "Dark Cocoa".


To highlight, apply the  lighter concealer shade under your eyes, on the bridge of your nose, your chin, your forehead and cupid's bow. For  the contour, apply the darker concealer on your cheekbones to get that chiseled look, and on your upper forehead. 


Afterwards, blend everything. Because you did a cream highlight and contour, it's important to set the highlighted parts of your face with powder to prevent creasing( I used the powder from the ULTA Contour Kit) ; let the powder sit on your face for about 3 minutes and then wipe it off with a large brush. 

Now, you can move on to the final touches. I usually go back to my eyes and apply some eyeshadow on my lower lash line, and a regular eyeliner on my waterline to make my eyes pop. Afterwards, I put some mascara on my upper lashes. 

Step 3: Blush, highlight, lips :

Since this is a summery look, my sister and I went with a mix of blushes: we applied a pink and purple-toned blush from E.L.F. Cosmetics. Once you're done with your blush, you can take a golden-toned highlighter and apply some on the bridge and tip of your nose, and the highest part of your cheekbones.

For the lips, I suggest applying a lipliner first before you put on a gloss or lipstick. In my case, I applied a brown lipliner from NYX and a nude gloss.

Step 4 : Set:

This is the final step. Setting your face smoothes out all the products and ensures your makeup will last all day or night. In my case, I used the MAC Fix Plus spray to bring the powders together and the Urban Decay Oil-Control Setting Spray to set my whole face. Here's the final look: 




I hope this was helpful! This was really fun to do with my sister. It took us like 3 hours to finish everything because we were dancing and fooling around, but we managed to finish everything haha!

Here are the links to all the products used, just click on the word and it should take you directly :) 

Products used:

Eyes:







Face:











Lips:




Connect with me:

Instagram: @pendasarr
Snapchat: @pendouchi

You Might Also Like

0 comments