Rise...and Shine?


Hello and happy August!

This has probably been the most productive week of my summer so far(hence the title of my post). I'm spending the majority of it blogging,  catching up on news in the fashion world and finding outfit inspirations  - among others things. Shoutout to Beyoncé because her lyrics have definitely inspired to "grind till I own it".

Let's talk about dressing during the warm weather. I find it quite hard because of the lack of layering. I have to resort to simple clothing whilst trying to create #ALOOK and I have to say, I'm not fond of it. I've therefore realized that combining basic pieces and accessorizing well can make a difference. Blouses are nice, but I'm currently in a tropical country so I definitely can't wear those 24/7. That brings me to my new obsession(you're probably like "Penda you're obsessed with every type of clothing")...v-neck tank tops!

Because I'm www.extra.com(if you know me well you know haha), I obviously opted for a shiny, metallic-ish tank. It's probably the most frivolous and cute thing I own right now. I love it so much, it's the perfect thing to wear during a busy week.




It was extremely humid during this shoot so a comfortable top like this one made it somewhat more bearable. I still had to pat my foundation like 50 times during it though, because girl, who wants to look oily?




Initially, the shirt was untucked. After looking in the mirror and tucking/untucking, turning sideways and doing  a full 360 (ladies, I'm sure you've had this experience) I decided it looked better this way. To be honest with you I'm not sure what this outfit falls under, I guess the "I have a lot to do but I still want to look cute and comfortable" category?





See, this I love this top so much that I had to smile in these photos, which I never do haha!




Oooh and this is Anna, we also like to call her Coco . She's one of the dopest and most stylish people I know. She's a model and is also into fashion so I thought it would be cool to have her participate in the shoot. Her outfit is simple yet colorful; the cap is what makes it stand out. I wish we got a picture of it, because it says "thick thighs save lives"(amen to that).


We've had others together but the pictures above are my favorite because of the color contrasts.




Like the previous post, the photographer and I shot in the same hotel. I purposely did that because I think the greenery behind makes the shiny silver top stand out since there's a stark discrepancy between the color tones.






This look and shoot were one of my favorites. I played around with accessories, color schemes and poses. Shooting here is different from New York City because there's less of the street-style feel. However, I like that because it means I get to find new locations and experiment with them.



I hope you enjoyed this, have a great week!


Outfit details:

Top and choker : Zara

Pants: Forever 21

Earrings: Amazon

Shoes: ASOS


Get the look!

Top:

http://www.zara.com/us/en/woman/t-shirts/body/shiny-fabric-bodysuit-c841532p3697008.html

Pants:

http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?
br=F21&category=bottoms&productid=2000099100

Shoes:

http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-taker-two-part-leather-sandals/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=6561513&clr=Black&SearchQuery=black+sandals&pgesize=204&pge=0&totalstyles=562&gridsize=3&gridrow=24&gridcolumn=3

Earrings:

https://www.amazon.com/Sterling-Silver-Lightweight-Earrings-Diameter/dp/B01AK03TBQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1469795955&sr=8-2&keywords=silver+hoop+earring

Choker:

http://www.zara.com/us/en/woman/accessories/pack-of-choker-necklaces-c269207p3648323.html


You Might Also Like

0 comments