An Afternoon in Greenwich Village

What do you get out of a nice location, superb lighting, a talented photographer and lovely aesthetics? A great photoshoot :)!



Last weekend, I spent the whole day in Greenwich with Mariana, a lovely photographer whom I met through social media(it's amazing what you can do withs apps these days, but that's for another conversation). After going back and forth through emails and discussing possible areas and concepts, Mariana suggested we shoot in Greenwich Village. I had never blogged in that area so I thought hey, why not! Fast forward and here we are with some great images.




Greenwich, or simply "The Village" is located on the West side of Lower Manhattan and boy, is it blogger friendly. In fact, we even ran into another group of people shooting, so we just all shared the space.




Mariana took me to a quiet street full of colorful little houses, and coincidently, one of them matched my outfit's pieces! The area was so aesthetically pleasing because of the unique tones found on the walls. I mean, look at the paint on this house! <3



Oh! I almost forgot to talk about these sandals! They're casual mules, great for a day out. I love the color and the style, makes it effortless. However, they did give me some blisters so I think I'm gonna have to wear them more to break into them.


And I can't forget about this mini Chanel bag either. It's probably one of my favorite things in my closet. I use it when I don't have that many things to carry around on certain days.



I kind of got obsessed with the house, so I wanted to get as many shots as possible. The owners came back from what seemed to be a shopping spree so of course, ya girl had to #switchsides.  To be honest, I don't know the village that well so we wandered around until we found this mini garden.




What I liked about that afternoon was the fact that Mariana challenged me. She directed some of my poses and movements, and I'm happy because the shots came out really nice. I think it's cool to work with different photographers because each of them has a unique eye, and Mariana is no exception. If you check out her website, you'll know exactly what I mean: http://www.marianaquevedo.com.



The garden was less busy so we took advantage of that. It's definitely easier having a spot to yourself because you get to experiment without feeling rushed or pressured haha.





Fun fact: I get super hungry and thirsty after a shoot, so I always like to have a treat afterwards. While we were working, I noticed there was an Insomnia Cookies next to us (*insert dancing girl emoji here*). The cookies were on my mind during the whole shoot, no way I wasn't gonna go home without my ice cream sandwich haha. 



So there you have it. My afternoon in Greenwich Village was so much fun and I think it's safe to say that I will definitely be going back :).



Thank you for reading. Enjoy the rest of your week! 

Love,

Penda

Outfit details:

Top and pants: Zara

Shoes: Mango

Bag: Chanel

Get the look!

Top:


Pants:


Shoes:


Bag:


Connect with me:

Instagram: @pendasarr
Snapchat: @pendouchi





You Might Also Like

0 comments