Child's Play

Last week, Tufts University organized an African networking event with other universities such as Harvard and Wellesley College. The event consisted of a day party/barbecue, dance competitions, and great conversations. I met some brilliant people and it was nice to get some reminders of back home. I actually had plans to do some work for the blog the same day, so the photographer suggested we shoot on Tuft's campus.





We didn't know much about the locations on campus, so we sort of just winged it. Violet, the photographer asked if we could shoot in this pathway. I thought the colors surrounding the area were beautiful and went well with my outfit; it all worked out perfectly. 






And, to make things even better, whilst shooting in this small path, we noticed there were tennis courts right next to us. I've never shot on one and it's always been a wish of mine so honestly, this was the perfect opportunity. What was even better was that I had a pair of my Stan Smiths in my bag: tennis court outfit complete! :)

(Yes I really switched into sneakers)




I actually used to play tennis as a child, so this whole photoshoot definitely brought back some memories.  Tufts' courts matched so well with my look : a light blue wrapped skirt, paired with a simple black tank top.



My outfit was fairly simple but I loved how it meshed with the location's aesthetic. Like doesn't this look like a fashion-blogger-meets-Serena-Williams type of outfit? Maybe I should start making stylish looks for tennis players haha.






I'm so happy I got to shoot here before the fall kicks in. The photographer ( http://www.thevioletfactor.com) had some great creative ideas and I think you can see that in the execution and editing of the pictures. 



If any of you ever want to shoot on a court, I say go for it! You can do so much with the location and its colors, definitely a cool experience :).

See you on the next post!

With love,

Penda


Connect with me:

Instagram: @pendasarr
Snapchat: @pendouchi

Outfit details:

Top: Zara

Skirt: ASOS

Heels: Boohoo

Sneakers: Adidas Stan Smith

Blue bracelet: Longchamp

Watch: Marc Jacobs


Get the look!

Top:


Skirt:


Heels:


Sneakers:


Blue bracelet:


Watch:






You Might Also Like

1 comments