Outfits I Wore During my Trip to Sénégal

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2019 is filled with nothing but love, happiness and success for you  all. I am a bit late with my wishes but in my defense, I was away on vacation haha.


I'm back in the U.S. after a few weeks in super sunny Senegal (woah alliteration game strong). This was a much needed vacation, and I'm happy I got to spend it with my friends and family. I feel so at peace, relaxed, rejuvenated, and ready to focus on my goals for this new year.

Since it was warm back home, I got to wear nice frivolous clothing.  They were some of my favorite looks so I thought I'd share them with you guys and give you a little bit of inspiration :)

Look 1:

This was one of the very firsts outfits I wore when I was back in Dakar. I went out for brunch with my friends and family on this day so I wanted to keep it simple.  I was feeling relaxed so I paired some pants with a simple tee and block heels, along with a Japanese kimono. This kimono has become one of my favorite items: the colors and the design are so mesmerizing!






Outfit details:

T-shirt: H&M
Pants: Missguided
Kimono: Thrifted
Shoes: Zara

Look 2:

This was one of my absolute favorites! It was a bit more dressed up, much more of my style. I was surrounded by colors while I was in Senegal so naturally, I think it inspired me to wear brighter pieces. I've had these purple culottes for a while but I couldn't really wear them in the New York City cold. I'm glad they finally got to make an appearance haha :). To keep the sort of classic/chic theme going, I decided to wear white kitten heels and a off-shoulder crop top.





Outfit details:

Top: Nastygal
Culottes: ASOS
Shoes: Zara

Look 3:

This kind of outfit was perfect for my trip because it was good for multiple occasions. I wore pants and shirt combinations like this to go to lunches, family visits, and even afternoon drinks by the beach. The motif on the shirt is beautiful, and it goes with so many things.  Since I don't usually wear green or teal, I thought it would be interesting for me to wear pants of that color, and have them sort of match the chemise's tones.  What made my look even better was that my shoes also matched my outfit. I got these sandals for a great deal and the best part about them? They have a wooden heel, how unique :) ! I actually got so many compliments on this look so hmm...maybe teal green is my color.





Outfit details:

Top, pants, shoes: Zara

Look 4:

Chocolate dresses on brown skin just look so amazing, don't you agree? I'm not much of a dress person but I think after this outfit, I've totally become one. This is one of my favorite pieces, because it fits my body perfectly and I feel great in it. On top of that, the dress is off-shoulder, my fave! To stay within the brown/gold theme, I wore my gold hoops and gold heeled sandals. I definitely need more looks like this.




Outfit details:

Dress: Pretty Little Thing
Shoes: Zara
Gold hoops: Mango

Look 5:

You can never go wrong with a pair of mom jeans and mules, they've actually proven to be one of the best combos for getaway trips haha. I spent my afternoon at the Radisson Blu hotel on this day, so I wanted to wear something that was comfortable yet cute and effortless. My outfit was all-black, so to add a pop of color, I wore my red vinyl mules.






Outfit details:

Top: Missguided
Jacket: Zara
Jeans: Pretty Little Thing
Shoes: Mango

Look 6:

To be honest, this look was more experimental than anything haha. I got this vintage Chanel scarf back in November, and I never got the chance to wear it. I just threw it in my suitcase and thought to myself "I'll figure out a way to wear it when I'm in Dakar". Of course, it was way too warm to wear it as a regular scarf or even a headscarf, so I thought to myself, why not simply turn it into a cute tube top. I love the different designs on the scarf, it really allows you to sort of pair it with whatever you'd like. 




Outfit details:

Top/scarf: Chanel
Jeans: Thrifted
Shoes: Mango

Look 7:

I forgot how much of a great combo a bodycon dress and Air Force ones are, especially when both pieces are super white. Like I said, I'm not much of a dress person but hey, a few weeks in the tropics can bring about some change...This is a cute outfit for casual days, and I think out of my vacation looks, this one really says "I'm on vacation, don't bother me" haha.








Outfit details:

Dress: Pretty Little Thing
Shoes: Nike 

Look 8:

Do you have that one piece of clothing that you're just super attached to? That's me with this red blazer. It was actually my mother's but haha guess what? Not anymore! I think out of all the blazers in my closet, this is probably the most worn one. I guess I like it because of its oversized fit. I wore this during my last few days in Senegal, so naturally, the outfit is a bit recycled haha (totally wore this pair of denim like over 10 times during my trip). I was going for that business casual feel because I had a lunch to attend, so I paired the blazer with mom jeans and some cute leather slippers. 





Outfit details:

T-shirt: H&M
Jeans: Pretty Little Thing
Blazer: Xtreme Collection
Shoes: Gucci

Looking back on these outfits, I'm really happy I got to ditch the boots, winter coats and scarves for a while :).

To see my other looks as well as my trip in Senegal, you can check out my instagram: @pendasarr

Thank you for reading <3

With love,

Penda

You Might Also Like

0 comments