Me, Myself and Balenciaga

Designers always bring inimitable and innovative shows to the industry. They present their ready-to-wear collections all year round, and thanks to social media, I get to witness it all. I always pay attention to the top artistes, as they usually foresee the upcoming trends.

This year, the Spanish fashion house Balenciaga’s Fall 2016 Ready-to-Wear runway show caught my eye. The collection was a combination of traditional and modern looks; I found this extremely unique because I felt that that it targeted all types of audiences through its array of stylish pieces. Clothing such as blazers, puffy outerwear, and off the shoulder items were presented on a variety of models. It was mostly the outerwear that was worn on the shoulders; this was a creative style, which I had personally never seen before. Amongst the “off-the-shoulders” looks, were a blue raincoat, a red covering and a leather jacket:




One thing I've always wanted to do is to incorporate runway looks into my own personal style. Since I loved Balenciaga's idea of putting jackets on the models' shoulders, I decided to subtly translate that into today's outfit. I  moved away from the outerwear, and focused on a frivolous item, which was more fitting for the spring: a white top.

 I opted for a simple outfit, by pairing the top with black pants and white heels. The juxtaposition of two monochromatic colors gave my look and clean and chic feel. To finish my ensemble, I added a black choker (major trend alert too) and a small bag.



Off-the-shoulder tops are great for the spring and summer season. They feel really light and are comfortable to move around in. This was my first time wearing one, but it definitely won’t be my last!





Also these are my favorite pair of heels but they.are.so.pain.ful.



And the choker is my favorite accessory right now. Looks like the 90s trends are coming back, yay!


Thanks for reading! :)


Outfit details:

Top, Choker, Heels: Zara

Pants: Forever 21

Bag: Chanel

Get the look!

Top:


Pants:



Choker:



Heels:









You Might Also Like

0 comments